Teaching Assistants/SEN Assistants at Drew Primary School
Employer: London Borough of Newham
- Reference: SCH01108
- Published on: Tue 21/01/2014 15:02 PM
- Closing on: Mon 03/02/2014 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Temporary
- Salary: £12965 - £13752
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Newham
Drew Primary School
Teaching Assistants/SEN Assistants
32.5 hours per week, term time only
12 month temporary contract with option for permanency to follow.
Unqualified £12,965inc, per annum
Qualified £13,752inc, per annum
The Governors of Drew Primary are seeking to appoint 5 qualified teaching assistants in Key Stage 1 and 2.
We can offer you a welcoming and accommodating staff, friendly children and CPD opportunities.
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic teaching assistants to join our hardworking, friendly and supportive team as classroom assistants and/or one to one SEN support.
You would be part of a highly valued support team who make a significant contribution to our co-operative learning environment.
Visits to the school are welcome. Please contact Barbara Montgomery on 02074761727 to arrange a visit.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience of working with children
- Good knowledge of working with SEN children
- The ability to be flexible as part of the team
- Good organisation and interpersonal skills
- High expectations of themselves and pupils in their care
- To be able to use their initiative
- Special needs qualifications
Application form and further details please apply on line at www.newham.gov.uk
Closing date: 12:00 pm Monday 3rd February 2014
Tests/Interviews to be held the week beginning Monday 10th February 2014
The interview is a three step process consisting of a test, observation and formal interview.
The schools in Newham are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
NPW, managing recruitment on behalf of Newham Schools