Areas Covered: Birmingham and Coventry, B, CV, WR and SY Postcodes
Guinness Property is a repairs and maintenance contractor owned by the social housing provider, The Guinness Partnership. We support the social housing sector through the provision of Responsive Repairs, Void Repairs, Planned Works and Major Projects.
We currently have an opportunity for an enthusiastic, pro-active and experienced Team Leader to join our Responsive Repairs team in the West Midlands on a permanent, full time basis. You will be responsible for carrying out pre and post void inspections on empty properties, planning, undertaking some repairs and organising repairs as required, ensuring empty properties are turned around and handed back to the Housing Teams and managing a team of Multi-Skilled operatives to complete the repairs work.
- Manage the teams approach to customer service standards, delivery of voids service in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures and in liaison with key stakeholders as required.
- Carry out some of the repairs yourself.
- Provide customers with prompt, professional and accurate information delivered in a timely, consistent and efficient manner.
- Conduct outbound calls regarding service request progress.
- Ensure that data and information is updated into the appropriate systems, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Achieve agreed personal, team and corporate objectives including providing support for fellow team members and other colleagues – taking ownership for own performance and development.
- Lead, motivate and develop the team of various trades and ensure high productivity and standard of work.
- Carry out surveys, health and safety inspections and post inspection of void properties to a high standard.
Skills / Experience
- Proven experience of delivering high quality services in a customer focused environment.
- Previous experience of voids management.
- Specialist knowledge of using Scheduling system to plan in works.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise quickly.
- Any relevant trade qualifications.
- Experience of leading, managing, developing and motivating teams.
- Sound knowledge of building construction, repairs and safety.
- Experience of working with Databases.
If you are interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to ensure you meet the essential criteria.
Closing Date: Thursday 18th January at 5pm
This is an exciting time at Guinness Property and is a great opportunity for the right people to join a fast-growing, dynamic, forward-thinking company which is committed to its customers and employees.