Team Leader, Infrastructure Strategy
Employer: London Borough of Bexley
- Reference: CEX0000027
- Published on: Fri 07/07/2017 16:40 PM
- Closing on: Sun 23/07/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £38,289 - £44,643 (inclusive of Choices Flexible Benefits of £2,277 pa)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Bexleyheath
We are looking for a professional with experience of strategic spatial planning and working to deliver significant growth. You will have a good understanding of infrastructure issues in the round, including CIL mechanisms and how requirements (from social infrastructure to major fixed infrastructure, eg transport) need to be met to support growth. To facilitate production of the infrastructure strategy and related proposals, you and your team will help develop links and cultivate good working relationships with a range of key internal and external partners.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of policy and strategy development, eg the preparation of statutory development plans or transport strategies.
- A degree in Town Planning, Transport Planning or a related discipline.
- An understanding of supporting legislation/best practice.
- Experience of infrastructure project development, lobbying and liaison, eg with regard to transport infrastructure
- Experience of commissioning and managing consultants, and managing staff.
What we offer:
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,277 per annum (delete if not applicable)
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- Up to 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
The post is based in the Council’s Strategic Planning and Growth Division, a multi-disciplinary team dealing with development of planning, infrastructure and transportation strategy and their integration with development opportunities.
- Closing Date for your application: 23/07/2017.
- Please follow the link to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated/Interview date: 03/08/2017.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers
Bexley Council is committed to a policy of equality and diversity for all staff regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or any other factor. Our Diversity Policy demonstrates a commitment to all job applicants. Our aims are to:
• promote equality of opportunity
• eliminate unlawful discrimination, and
• promote good relations between people from different backgrounds
We are committed to ensuring that employees who have a disability are given every possible assistance in the workplace, and have achieved the ‘Positive about Disabled People’ award, which gives all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria in the person specification the opportunity to be interviewed.