Tenancy & Neighbourhood Officer
Employer: Housing Solutions Group
- Reference: HSG/17/40839
- Published on: Fri 11/08/2017 16:10 PM
- Closing on: Fri 25/08/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 19.25 -37 hours per week.
- Salary: circa £13,303 per annum depending on experience (£25,570 per annum FTE)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Berkshire
2 x Fulltime:
Appointing Salary: circa £25,570 per annum
Car Allowance: Band B ECUA, £2,621 per annum
Basic Hours: 37 hours per week
1 x Part Time:
Appointing Salary: circa £13,303 per annum depending on experience (£25,570 per annum FTE)
Car Allowance: Band B ECUA, £1,364 per annum (£2,621 per annum FTE)
Basic Hours: 19.25 hours per week, Wednesday to Friday
Term: 12 months Fixed Term Contract to cover Maternity Leave
This is a great opportunity to join our Housing Services Team. The Tenancy & Neighbourhood Officer role offers a generic housing management service to our customers. This is a varied role which covers all aspects of rent arrear collection and tenancy management but also focuses on customer satisfaction, acting on feedback and improving communities. This is a front line role responsible for offering an excellent service to our customers.
The key responsibilities:
- To manage rent arrears (including former arrears) from low level to court and to keep these within target
- To act on tenancy breaches to court level
- To manage and inspect communal areas ensuring safety for residents
- To manage a considerable budget to create improvements to communal areas
- To carry out starter tenancy visits and fixed term tenancy visits within timescales
- To carry out welcome visits and audits to target
- To carry out mutual exchanges and new tenant sign ups
- To carry out the required consultations in line with projects
- To strive to improve our services through innovative ideas
- To always maintain a customer focus offering help and assistance wherever possible
- To deal with low level anti-social behaviour issues
You must have experience of delivering customer service in a front line role within the Housing sector, and hold an understanding of Housing Law and Statutory Legislation. You should be able to communicate at all levels with excellent customer service skills and have the ability to empathise with customers in often difficult or stressful situations.
The successful applicant will require a Standard DBS disclosure and must be flexible in the hours worked as you will be required to work the occasional evening or weekend. You must hold a full UK Driving Licence and have access to a car for business use.
Internal applications are welcome from employees who have passed their probation period, are not currently being standard set for absence or performance or on a disciplinary warning (unless able to demonstrate significant improvement over the last six months).
The closing date for application forms is 25 August 2017. Interviews will be held on 30 and 31 August 2017.
To apply for this vacancy please visit the Jobs & Careers page of our website or to request a paper copy please call our 24 hour recruitment line on 01628 543157.