Employer: Adur and Worthing District Council
- Reference: DRD/17/40551
- Published on: Tue 08/08/2017 13:50 PM
- Closing on: Fri 25/08/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: Salary £18,070 - £20,138 (Grade 3) or £20,661- £22,658 (Grade 4) p.a.
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Worthing Town Hall
Post No. 42694
Salary £18,070 - £20,138 (Grade 3) or £20,661- £22,658 (Grade 4) p.a. depending on qualifications and experience
Grade 3 salary for graduates or AAT 3/4 with limited or no relevant experience
Grade 4 salary for AAT 3/4 or part qualified accountants with at least 1 year’s local government accounting experience.
Hours 37 per week
Place of Work: Worthing Town Hall
Closing date: 25th August 2017
The Council is offering an opportunity to train to become a member of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy. The successful applicant must be committed to studying for the CIPFA professional qualification and becoming an active member of our busy accounting team. Subject to exam passes and achieved performance, there will be the possibility of career progression to a qualified accountant grade.
Candidates should either be graduates, AAT level 3 or 4 qualified, or part CIPFA qualified. The Council may offer a grade 4 salary if candidates have appropriate experience and skills to allow them to take more responsibility and to work more independently.
The post holder will be given the opportunity to develop a wide range of financial skills. The duties of the post will include:
- inputting information into the Financial Management System, raising and working on Excel spreadsheets
- preparation of the Revenue Budgets for specified services
- production of regular financial monitoring reports to members and services
- preparation of the final accounts of specified services
- reconciliation of assigned control accounts
- production of information as specified in Freedom of Information requests
- administration of the team
- provision of cover for the Treasury Management team as required
Adur and Worthing councils have a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Adur District and Worthing Borough Councils are equal opportunities employers and encourages applications from people with disabilities, ethnic minorities, people of any religion or belief or sexual orientation and job sharers. Childcare subsidy is payable in appropriate cases. Work base location is indicated, however you may be asked to work at any such place within the Adur District and Worthing Borough Council Service’s area as required.
As part of Adur & Worthing Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.
- Child Care Subsidy
- Equalities Policy
- Joint Policy on Working Practices
- Staff and Managers Standards
- Worklife Balance Policy
- Trainee Accountant - JD
- Trainee Accountant - PS
How To Apply
In order to apply for this vacancy please use the Apply Online link below. No CVs or agency applications accepted.