Trainer - Employability
- Reference: 54317
- Published on: Thu 02/02/2017 12:11 PM
- Closing on: Thu 16/02/2017 12:11 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Salary: £20317 - £22251 per annum + (please see advert)
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: West Midlands
Nacro are looking to recruit a full time Employability Trainer for their Centre in Sandwell to deliver to training to 16 - 24 year olds.
In this role you will deliver sessions which are innovative and interesting, leading to the development of personal and social skills, and improvements in behaviour and attendance levels.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:-
- Develop and deliver training programmes to service users
- Construct lesson plans, schemes of work
- Carry out initial assessments of the service users
- Create support plans and regularly monitor these
- Risk assesses and takes necessary actions in respect of activities
- Ensuring all paperwork is accurate, up to date and all deadlines are met
- Meet individual performance targets
The successful candidate should have:
- A level 4 teaching qualification (Certificate in Education & Training, CTLLS, or an equivalent qualification)
- A level 5 teaching qualification (Diploma in Education & Training, DTLLS, Cert Ed, or an equivalent qualification)
- GCSE English, Maths and ICT (or equivalent qualifications at level 2 or above)
- Assessors awards or Vocational qualification in Catering is desirable
DBS check is required
28 days a year annual leave with the ability to accrue 1 day of additional holiday for every year of service up to 5 years plus bank holidays; pro rata for part-time employees
Season ticket loan
Working 35 hours per week, plus paid lunch break (40 hours in total); pro rata for part-time employees
As a committed Investor In People (IIP), continued professional development is central to our people and performance management activities. Our employees receive regular support with Personal Development Planning and have access to training and professional development opportunities.
Our Vision, Mission & Values
Our vision is a society in which communities are crime free, and people feel safe and supported to reach their aspirations. Our mission is to positively change lives, strengthen communities, enhance social inclusion, reduce crime and prevent offending behaviour. Our values are to be courageous, inspiring, and reliable and focused on outcomes. We adhere to them across our services, which include education, housing, substance misuse treatment, the prevention of reoffending, and in our work to influence policy.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services, and is committed to ensuring that this is reflected in all its practices, policies and services.
Nacro's commitment to equity involves much more than equality of access and tackling discrimination - it requires the whole of Nacro to actively embrace and promote the benefits and opportunities that diversity brings to the organisation
If this role interests you and you would like more information about applying, please copy and paste this link into your web browsers address bar: https://nae.evolution-system.com/. However the Guidant Group will also send this link to you in an email should you apply through this advert (please check your junk/spam folder).
Please apply at your earliest convenience as this position could close before the advert expiry date. Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services.