Employer: Reading Borough Council
- Reference: CUL0153
- Published on: Fri 19/05/2017 08:00 AM
- Closing on: Tue 20/06/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week • Permanent.
- Salary: RG5m (SCP 28-34) £24,964 – £30,153 pa
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Reading
New Directions - www.newdirectionsreading.ac.uk
New Directions is Reading Borough Council’s Community Learning and Skills service.
At New Directions we pride ourselves on not turning people away, and helping individuals progress on their journey whatever their personal goals. Ofsted judged the service as ‘Good’ in 2011 and 2015.
We’re a small friendly team with an ambitious plan for the future which includes leading Apprenticeship provision for the entire council following the introduction of the levy in April. We’re also developing higher education access pathways which will commence in the Autumn 2017.
- Provide leadership for vocational provision which includes Apprenticeship’s, Work Experience, Access to H.E., Business Administration and Customer Service, Childcare and Working with Families Computing and Teaching, Assessing and Quality Assurance provision.
- Lead on vocational learning pathways within the designated subject areas, lead teaching, learning and assessment strategies to ensure learning is enhanced and enriched.
- Line manage the Apprenticeships Officer and 4.5FTE
- Lead Tutor/Assessors and Tutors/Assessors and oversee the planning of all curriculum in the designated subject areas.
- Oversee the performance Attendance, Retention, Achievement and Success (ARAS) of all designated subjects areas.
- Ensure that all incumbent learning aims exceed minimum standards thresholds.
- Aim to meet or exceed provider group benchmarks.
You will be a qualified manager or have demonstrable experience with a proven track record, with excellent organisational and communication skills, ideally with experience of working within a post compulsory education environment.
For further information, please contact Kay Charlett, Curriculum Manager on 07843 501 124 (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday only).
Closing date: Midnight 20 June 2017
Interview date: 3 July 2017