Employer: One-Eighty Children's Charity
- Reference: 180C/17/32666
- Published on: Tue 11/04/2017 17:00 PM
- Closing on: Fri 26/05/2017 10:05 AM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Job-Share, Part Time, Permanent
- Hours: 20 hours per week.
- Salary: £18,000 pro rata (part-time role - £9,600 per annum)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Oxford
Position: Volunteer Co-ordinator
Accountable to: Development Manager
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours per week
Salary: £18,000 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Based in Oxford, with some limited travel to Swindon, Buckinghamshire and London
One-Eighty is a psychology based behaviour support charity for children and young people (aged 4-18) and their families. We support children and young people who struggle to manage their behaviour as a result of family breakdown, abuse, other traumatic events or familial mental health. Through intensive therapeutic, family and community provisions, we aim to bring children, young people and families back to a place where they are able to engage successfully in social activities that they previously could not. i.e. education.
Our innovative and experienced professional team provide short term, intensive interventions that bring about positive changes in a cost effective manner, both one-to-one interventions or wider group projects.
Volunteers are at the heart of all our work – volunteers support with our case work, allowing us to provide an enhanced service to our young people and their families. In addition, we are reliant on our volunteers to support with fundraising activities, promoting the work of One-Eighty to local organisations and helping with marketing and administrative work.
The role of Volunteer Development Co-ordinator will be to work across Oxfordshire and to support the teams in London, Buckinghamshire and Swindon. You will be required to support the teams with all aspects of recruitment and retention of our volunteers.
- To co-ordinate the recruitment of volunteers, assisting with volunteer applications, Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) documentation and references
- Researching and keeping up-to-date volunteer policies, procedures including risk assessments
- Liaising with the One-Eighty teams in Oxford and London to assess the volunteering needs.
- Promoting volunteering (internally and externally) through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns including working with local partner organisations such as local colleges, voluntary sector bodies
- Interviewing and recruiting volunteers and ensuring they are appropriately matched and trained for the position
- Providing induction and training to all volunteers, identifying any training needs.
- Monitoring, supporting, motivating and accrediting volunteers and their work or working with supervisors to ensure volunteers are appropriately monitored and supported.
- Celebrating volunteering by nominating volunteers for awards and organising celebration events
- Offering advice and information to volunteers and external organisations through face-to-face, telephone and email contact
- Organising profile-raising events to attract new volunteers
- Keeping up-to-date with legislation and policy related to volunteering and making any necessary modifications to accommodate changes
- Supporting with income generation, writing funding bids to make volunteering projects sustainable
- Monitoring and evaluating activities and writing reports for funders/ trustees
- Maintaining databases and undertaking any other administrative duties
This is a part-time role with the occassional need to travel across Oxfordshire, London, Buckinghamshire and Swindon. Some evening or weekend work may be necessary to attend volunteering events.
If you feel you have appropriate skills and experience, this role can be combined with the Communications Co-ordinator role (also advertised on jobsgopublic.com and on our website: www.one-eighty.org.uk) to create a full-time position.
Got any questions about the role? Please do give us a call as we love to hear from applicants - contact Rebekah Sammut on 01865 23 68 69.