Work and Training Officer
Employer: Camden Council
- Reference: LBC2875
- Published on: Wed 21/08/2013 17:51 PM
- Closing on: Sun 08/09/2013 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36
- Salary: £30,236
- DBS Check: No
- Location: WC1H 8NP
Position: 1 Year Secondment/Fixed Term contract, Full Time 36 hours per week
Salary: Normal starting salary of £30,236 + 25 days leave (27 after 5 years’ service)
A high performance culture is essential to the delivery of first class services to our residents and customers. We recognise and reward high performance and salary progression is based on individual performance.
An opportunity has arisen at Camden Council for a Work and Training Officer to assist local people to access training and employment opportunities with local employers.
The role will involve working with a wide range of partners to engage with unemployed residents providing them with the support they need to access and sustain training and employment opportunities. It will involve casework with residents as well as partnership working.
The post holder will have experience of delivering employment advice and guidance to unemployed people. You will have experience on how to engage and motivate people, as well as providing practical advice to help people improve their skills and search for work.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their skills at working in partnerships with voluntary, public, and private sectors organisations.
If you are an existing employee of the London Borough of Camden any offer would be on your existing terms and conditions
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of employment recruitment practices and training provision, as well as the policy context for employment and skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing including the ability to prepare and present reports and presentations to wide audiences including employers, employees and potential service users.
- Ability to offer careers counselling to job seekers, advising on best routes to employment and training
- Experience in dealing with local residents facing or at risk of exclusion from the labour market or training provision.
- Experience of promoting and maintaining productive relations with a variety of individuals and organisations such as the community, contractors, partner agencies, other departments, voluntary groups and the private sector to ensure the effective implementation of projects or training.
- Experience of working with employers, to identify their recruitment needs, negotiate training & employment opportunities and develop programmes to encourage employment sustainability.
How to apply:
To apply for this job please follow the “Apply for this job” link.
As part of the application form you will be asked to explain how you meet the key requirements for this role listed in the advert. When explaining how you meet each of the requirements, please give examples that clearly demonstrate your skills, knowledge and experience.
When writing your examples give a brief description of the situation or task but focus on the actions you took and the result of your actions.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 8th September 2013, 23:59
Interviews to be held: Week commencing 16th September 2013
Please quote reference: LBC2875
For further information about this role, please refer to the Job Capsule
Camden Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Camden is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment