Youth Worker, Hastings
Temporary for 9 months covering maternity leave
Part-time, 18.5 hours per week
Starting salary £21,719 pro rata per annum rising to £24,133 pro rata per annum with service
Motiv8 Sussex is a youth based project supporting the personal development of young people, by providing a platform to develop the confidence, motivation and skills to achieve their potential.
AmicusHorizon - Fresh Visions Charity are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, organised, highly motivated and passionate person – this role could be for you!
You’ll need to:
- Co-ordinate and manage the delivery of young person based projects and programmes
- Manage, monitor and analyse expenditure against budgets
- Attend evening sessions and meetings
- Recruit, support and oversee a small team of community volunteers
- A youth work qualification, or equivalent, or proven experience of working with young people
- Ability to work on own initiative
- ‘Can-do’ attitude
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
You’ll need to demonstrate:
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse client group
- Effective organisation and administration skills
- Ability to draft clear and concise correspondence and reports
Motiv8 Sussex is funded by Fresh Visions and the Garfield Weston Foundation.
This post is subject to a DBS check (formally CRB).
Please contact; Vanessa Porter, Senior Community Worker on 01424 776611 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you require general information about the role.
Closing Date: 22 January 2017
AmicusHorizon values diversity and inclusion