Hightown Housing Association
Tel: 01442 292311
Hightown Praetorian & Churches Housing Association Limited is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire and east Buckinghamshire and providing a wide range of housing and support services for families and single people including people with special needs.
We are a charitable association aiming to help people who cannot afford to buy or rent housing at market values.
We currently manage over 4,000 homes (principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire) and employ over 450 staff. We have an annual turnover of £43 million and a development programme that will deliver around 800 new affordable homes over the next two years.
As the name suggests, Hightown Praetorian & Churches Housing Association is the result of a number of mergers amongst housing associations operating in west Hertfordshire over the last 20 years. The principal mergers involved:
- Hightown Housing Association which was formed in 1968 and operated mainly in Hemel Hempstead area
- Praetorian Housing Association from St. Albans which was formed in 1974
- St Albans and District Churches Housing Association which also operated in St Albans and started in 1968
Hightown and Praetorian housing associations merged in 1995 and Hightown Praetorian and St Albans and District Churches housing associations merged in 2003.
Vision & Values
Hightown's Vision & Values were agreed following consultation with Hightown residents, staff, Board members and key partners. We would like to thank everyone who was consulted on the Vision & Values.
Vision To retain Hightown Praetorian & Churches Housing Association's position as a highly regarded regional developer and manager of housing and support services.
- Our residents and people using our services come first. We aim to meet their individual and collective expectations through effective consultation and involvement and regular service reviews.
- We treat people with respect. We value diversity and provide services and support in a way which promotes independence and choice.
- We value our staff. We seek to support their personal development so as to improve the services we provide.
- We provide cost effective services without compromising standards or safety.
- We seek and value input from our partners and stakeholders. We develop homes and services to meet shared objectives and responsibilities.
Equality & Diversity
Hightown is committed to fighting discrimination, promoting equality of opportunity and valuing diversity. It also recognises that we must have a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve.
We believe in equality and fairness for all our tenants and we are against discrimination to any group or individual. All of our services are here to help every part of the community.