Reigate & Banstead Borough Council
Who we are
At Reigate & Banstead Borough Council, we are committed to working together to continue making our borough a great place to live, work and enjoy.
Over the last few years, we have delivered a new recycling service to residents, built a brand new leisure centre, supported over 100 young people into work, redeveloped our theatre and hosted hugely successful events in the borough. We are on the lookout for talented candidates to help contribute towards our commercial agenda and our ambitious goal of becoming financially self-sufficient by 2020.
What we look for
Our values and behaviours underpin everything that we do and are important to us in our search for talent. We believe that the realisation of our vision is directly influenced by the values and behaviours of our employees.
- Making a difference
- Doing the right thing
- Being bold and confident
- Positive: I maintain a “can do” attitude and a smile
- Supportive: I create an environment where the people I work with feel valued and respected and have confidence to develop
- Flexible: Adapting the way I work, I can deal confidently with change and accept new and different ideas and approaches
- Innovative: I work to develop new ideas and workable solutions to drive the council forward
What we can offer you
We are committed to developing and retaining talent. In return for your expertise and enthusiasm, we offer competitive benefits including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Excellent pension scheme (15% employers contribution)
- Flexible working
- Access to a high street discount portal
- Discounted gym membership
- Salary sacrifice schemes including Cycle to Work
- Interest free travel loans
Our office environment hosts traditional architecture within the Town Hall, with a twist of modern workspace that provides open floor plans and community areas. Our agile working options and technology are fundamental in supporting our employees to be at their most creative and productive. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
About the borough
Reigate & Banstead is a local government district with borough status which includes the towns of Banstead, Horley, Redhill and Reigate. Predominantly open countryside, the borough is crossed by the North Downs escarpment - a designated area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - and the Greensand ridge.
The borough has an estimated population of 145,600 and is recognised as playing an important role in the national economy, with the M23/A23 corridor linking London, Gatwick Airport and the South Coast of particular importance.
It has a buoyant local economy, with activity concentrated in the Redhill/Reigate and Horley areas. The attractive local environment and accessibility to London, the M25, Heathrow and Gatwick airports makes Reigate & Banstead an attractive place to live, work and visit.
See all Reigate & Banstead Borough Council jobs