Activity Supervisor (V3123)
Employer: West Berkshire Council
- Reference: E/17/34599
- Published on: Thu 18/05/2017 08:00 AM
- Closing on: Wed 31/05/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: £18,070 - £20,661 per annum. Grade E
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: The Dolphin Centre
The post holder will support the Operations Officer for the Activity Team West Berkshire in developing a programme of outdoor activities across the summer programme and to support the core activity of the team in relation to other bookings (e.g. schools and community groups) and other aspects of the programme.
The successful applicant will
- Lead teams of casual staff and volunteers ensuring all activity is staffed by appropriately qualified and competent people.
- Carry out risk assessments for all activity planned.
- Ensure all administrative processes have been followed
- Work with others to ensure activity is marketed appropriately
You must be able to work in a busy environment and respond appropriately to members of the public and both internal and external partners.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 26 days per annum rising to a maximum of 34 days, depending on how long you’ve worked for us and the grade of your job.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
This is a fixed term post until 30/09/2017.
Please contact Dave Treagus on 0118 984 3162 for an informal chat about this role
The Council supports Equal Opportunity of employment, and positively encourages applications from people in under represented groups such as people with disabilities or from a minority ethnic group.