Advanced Apprentice Youth Service
Employer: Medway Council
- Reference: C859RS
- Published on: Fri 08/09/2017 15:40 PM
- Closing on: Fri 22/09/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: Level 3 - £130 per week
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Strood Youth Centre, Strood, Kent
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic apprentice, with good communication and interpersonal skills, to join our Youth Service.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile.
As an Apprentice with Medway Council, you will be a valued member of our Apprenticeship Academy. We will encourage and support you to realise your potential. You will have the opportunity to learn from colleagues who are experts in their field and gain insights that can only come from real world experience
We will support you every step of the way for you to succeed in your apprenticeship and help you to become the best version of yourself.
An openness to review and reflect on your performance and progress is important as well as the willingness to accept feedback that will help you to develop and grow in this role.
Medway Council’s Apprenticeship Academy extends to all our Apprentices a guarantee that their apprenticeship qualifications will be regularly monitored and quality assured with the respective training providers.
In return we offer you:
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Generous local government pension
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Free NUS Apprentice Extra Card- student discounts at 100’s of retailers
- Student rates for Medway Council Leisure Centres
- Student rates for Medway Council Libraries plus free e-books
- Discounted Arriva bus travel
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager call Roy Smith on 07717 507140 or Sue Campbell on 01634 338742.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.