After school club assistant (Fixed term & casual contracts)
Employer: London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Reference: SCH/17/39037
- Published on: Fri 14/07/2017 15:10 PM
- Closing on: Mon 07/08/2017 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Temporary
- Hours: 12 hours per week.
- Salary: £18,357 - £18,396 pro rata (£5,351 - £5,363)
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Chingford C of E Primary Schools Kings Road & Cambridge Road,
After school club Assistant
Salary / Grade: Scale 2 Point 11-13
Hours: 12 hours per week, Mon -Thursday (3pm – 6pm)
Closing Date: Noon Friday 7th August 2017
Contract Term: Term time, Temporary fixed term for Autumn term & Casual
Age Range 3-11
Due to an increasing demand for after school places we are expanding the after school club on a trial basis during the autumn term (September 2017 – December 2017). If the demand for spaces continues then there will be an opportunity to extend the contract (subject to successful probation period). We are also looking for casual staff who are available to cover at short notices (Monday – Friday, 3pm – 6pm). The successful candidate must be:
Enthusiastic and caring
Able to foster positive relationships
Flexible and able to work collaboratively as part of a team
Sensitive to delivering personal care
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and successful applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service DBS.
All applications to be returned by email to (we are unable to accept any postal applications).
Further information about the school can be found at: Web links: www.chingfordcofe.org.uk
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.