Air Quality Officer
Employer: London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Reference: N&C/17/42375
- Published on: Wed 06/09/2017 10:01 AM
- Closing on: Mon 25/09/2017 23:30 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours.
- Salary: £32,628 to £35,286
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Sycamore House, Waltham Forest Town Hall Complex, Forest Road, Walthamstow E17 4JF
JOB TITLE: AIR QUALITY OFFICER
PAY: £32,628 - £35,286 – inclusive of London weighting
You will lead on the full range of air quality issues, providing expert advice and guidance throughout our organisation, including comments on planning applications, the implementation of the Environment Act 1995 & the Pollution Prevention & Control legislation. You will get involved in specific projects both individually and as part of a team.
Good communication and ICT skills are crucial to success in this role, along with experience of advising colleagues, organisations and the public on air quality issues.
You should have a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant science-based subject.
Closing date: 25th September 2017
Shortlisting date: 22nd September 2017
Interview Date: 29th September 2017
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.
How To Apply
The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative.
For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council