Apprentice (15 months contract)
Employer: London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Reference: F&G/17/43007
- Published on: Tue 12/09/2017 11:40 AM
- Closing on: Sun 24/09/2017 23:30 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Temporary
- Hours: 36 hours.
- Salary: £12,000 per annum
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Waltham Forest Town Hall, Forest Road, Walthamstow, London, E17 4JF
Legal services is part of Governance and Law which sits in the Finance and Governance Directorate. Legal services is headed by the three Heads of Law, one each for Family Law, Commercial Law and Litigation and Public Law.
- You role will be to provide an efficient and effective administrative support to Waltham Forest's Legal Services department.
- The successful candidate will be the point of contact for the service to provide information and resolves problems within the scope of role, escalating to line manager as required.
- You will act within guidelines and standard procedures with discretion to allocate or otherwise organise work to meet service delivery requirements.
- Usually works within laid down procedures but needs to deal with day-to-day problems without always referring to others.
- Responsible for meeting performance standards within a policy framework and regulatory guidelines.
Applications and CVs should be emailed to Harpal.Rull@walthamforest.gov.uk
Harpal Rull 0208 496 2029
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.