Apprenticeship - Road Engineer
Employer: Hertfordshire County Council
- Reference: HCC08620
- Published on: Mon 11/09/2017 13:05 PM
- Closing on: Wed 20/09/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: £15,375
- DBS Check: No
- Location: County Hall, Hertford
Office Base: County Hall, Hertford
Salary Range: £15,375 pa
Hours: 37 per week
Contract: 2 year Fixed Term Contract
Hertfordshire County Council deliver a wide range of Highway engineering services across the County and are looking to bring on board another apprentice in our Local Road Maintenance Team.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and training on a wide range of Highway areas whilst studying to achieve nationally recognised qualifications in Civil Engineering. We will support you to attend college one day a week and provide you with a paid opportunity to gain hands-on experience of the highways industry.
We require people who can plan ahead, think flexibly and communicate well, are willing to learn and be a part team that is nationally recognised as a leading highways service; if a career in this field appeals to you then this is a great opportunity to join us and learn while you earn.
Engineering Apprentice – Local Road Maintenance Team:
The Local Road Maintenance (LRM) team delivers around 1,000 projects across the county each year maintaining and resurfacing Hertfordshire’s roads and pavements. As part of the team you will support our engineers in designing, managing and delivering a wide range of works.
You will learn how to recognise and diagnose different faults; design and cost appropriate solutions and work with contractors to deliver them. You will also engage with elected councillors, residents and other stakeholders who all have an interest in the work that we do and have the opportunity to learn about other aspects of our £100m per year highways service.
Evidence of having passed either:
- A BTEC First qualification in Construction or a related vocational area, an Intermediate GNVQ in an appropriate vocational area,
- OR GCSE equivalent to five passes at grade C, including Maths, English and Science.
- In return we can offer you excellent pension and progression benefits whilst working for an organisation that values its employees and invests in training and career development opportunities.
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th September 2017
Interview Date: WC 25th September 2017
For an informal discussion and more information please contact Chris Allen-Smith on 01992 658167.