Assistant Business Manager
Employer: London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Reference: SCH/18/54448
- Published on: Wed 21/02/2018 10:15 AM
- Closing on: Tue 20/03/2018 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37.5 hours.
- Salary: 0
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Walthamstow Primary Academy Billet Road, Walthamstow
We have an exciting opportunity for a new Assistant Business Manager to play a key role within our growing and flourishing new school.
Walthamstow Primary Academy opened in September 2015 and has made a tremendous start and will continue to grow each year. As we continue to grow, you will be pivotal in ensuring that the business functions of the school achieve value-for-money and provide a safe and sustainable structure for school life.
Specifically, you will:
- Be responsible for financial procedures and systems of the school, in co-operation with the Senior Leadership Team and Governors, and with support from our Finance and Business Partner;
- Take responsibility for human resources within the school, with support from our HR Partner;
- Oversee the premises management of health and safety;
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the character of work as may reasonably be required.
Ideally, you will possess budget management experience, the ability to gather, analyse and evaluate data to produce reports and also have relevant experience of working within a school as well as HR experience. If you share our core belief in a growth mindset; if you thrive in a ‘no excuses’ culture, and in an environment that is focused on improvement and reflection, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
In return, as a new and growing school, we can offer you the potential to develop professionally and personally and be integral to the school’s continued growth, progress and success and really make this role your own. Also, being part of United Learning, one of the leading school groups in the country, we can offer you unrivalled career development opportunities and support to ensure you achieve your ambitions.
If you want to work in an environment where you will really make a difference, WPA is for you. Why not come for a visit and meet our team and our children? You can book a visit by emailing our Administrative Assistant, Mrs Leanne Dunleavy, at
Closing date: 20 March 2018 at 12.00
Interviews: 22 March 2018
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants. CVs will not be considered.
To apply, please follow the link –
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.
- Transgender Policy
- Job Description/Person Specification
- Community Application Form for Support Staff