Employer: Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
- Reference: RE0072-1707
- Published on: Fri 16/06/2017 15:30 PM
- Closing on: Sun 02/07/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Flexible Hours, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours per week hours. 8.30am to 5.15pm, although flexi time is available subject to service demands.
- Salary: £23,888 – £27,201 pa
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Town Hall, St Ives Road, Maidenhead , Berkshire
The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Revenues Service are committed to improving collection and providing high quality services to all of its residents.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Benefits Officers to join our successful team.
Outstanding performers have the ability to progress through RBWM’s pay and reward scheme.
Shortlisting will therefore be based on the level of experience against the criteria within the job description and personnel specification however training will be given.
- have a good knowledge of Housing Benefit and Council Tax legislation
- be able to communicate effectively and courteously with members of the public and other council departments in writing, by phone, or in person
- have experience of processing benefit applications and changes in circumstances
- have experience of Capita Benefits System
- have experience of negotiating with debtors to agree repayment plans
- be able to produce clear and concise written communication
- have the ability to meet challenging deadlines
- be able to work both as part of a team and also on own with minimal supervision in a busy office environment
- have good IT skills
- be adaptable to change.
Much of the work will be undertaken by speaking to resident’s directly in person (including some visits) or over the phone so you must be customer focused.
For more information about the position, please contact
David Dennis, Benefits Team Leader on 01628 796244.
RBWM has the responsibility for and is committed to safeguarding children young people and vulnerable adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS.