Business Analyst – Second Tier Services
- Reference: 011998
- Published on: Mon 07/08/2017 11:17 AM
- Closing on: Sun 13/08/2017 19:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Permanent
- Hours: 18.75 hours per week.
- Salary: £24,347 - £25,628 (pro rata, 18.75 hours per week) plus excellent benefits
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Flexible location
Closing date: 13 August 2017 (at 11.30pm)
We’re looking for a client-focused individual with a background in business analysis, to join us as a Business Analyst and provide vital analytical support to Shelter’s range of second tier services.
Shelter’s Second Tier Services is a multi-disciplinary team that promotes and supports good practice in the provision of high quality housing advice and training of local authority and voluntary sector advice providers. Its focus is on the role of advice in homelessness prevention and delivering a range of second tier services to help frontline staff to achieve positive outcomes for people in housing need. They also work closely with wider Shelter teams such as Legal Services, L&D, Training and support, Business support, telephone and Online services and Operations.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave (pro rata), the possibility of flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
- Leading on the design and implementation of data analysis and reporting programmes to support second tier delivery and training and supporting others to analyse and interpret data
- Helping capture and analyse data relevant to the implementation of legislation and changes to public policy
- Developing analytical models using government data and overseeing the gathering and analysis of data and information to support second tier delivery and targeting
- Collecting and maintaining information to support the reporting of KPIs, quality assurance, monitoring and evaluation processes
And what you’ll need:
- Proven experience gained working as a business analyst and good financial and budgeting skills
- A good understanding of the different methodologies and tools used in strategic and business analysis
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to understand complex requirements quickly
- A collaborative, results-driven approach, good listening skills, the communication skills it takes to influence others and a willingness to take into account different opinions
Shelter is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of clients, in particular children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. And we campaign to make sure that, one day, no one will have to turn to us for help.
We’re here so no one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
Shelter does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.