Business Intelligence Developer
Employer: Notting Hill Housing
- Reference: STA-06-17
- Published on: Wed 14/06/2017 08:31 AM
- Closing on: Wed 28/06/2017 08:31 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 35
- Salary: £44,075 to £48,972 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Islington
Do you thrive on the challenge of analysing data? Keen to work on the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack? Thrive on variety of projects?
At NHH, we're investing in our tech. We've kicked off a large programme of Agile projects looking to deliver some vital wins for our staff and customers.
We're looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer (Senior Technical Analyst) who can help us solve problems quickly and develop first class solutions on the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack. Whether it's developing intelligent ETL and reporting solutions, you'll be involved in all elements of the software life cycle from prototyping, through to development, testing, release and support, for our information and data projects.
We want you to enjoy your work here. You'll have the opportunity to work on multiple work streams as we support a fast-moving programme of exciting work across our whole organisation. This role involves, but is not limited to, applying technology skills to Business Intelligence projects, creating and updating SQL 2012 Data warehouse assisting in developing processes, investigating the use of new reporting technologies and facilitating change.
To do this job well you'll need to be an experienced BI developer. The projects we can offer you will give you the opportunity to work across, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, RESTful API/Web Services, master data management, Data Quality services, MDX and DAX.
You'll need strong SQL Server scripting and MDX programming experience, as well as comprehensive experience of requirements analysis and solution design. Ideally you will have experience in a similar MIS /BI Developer, or Data Analytical role as well as excellent technical and data management understanding. Above all you will be customer focused and have the ability to communicate details of the processes to both Technical and Business staff.
In return, this role will offer you:
* Variety - work closely with a wide range of Business end-users & operate right across the Notting Hill Housing Group of property-related businesses.
* Opportunity - Develop an excellent knowledge of corporate data and its definition/analysis, working at all levels of the business.
* Technology - work with key industry reporting and data manipulation tools, as we migrate to the latest business intelligence products such as the Microsoft BI stack, Tableau & SAP Business Objects.
* Ownership - take ownership of and respond to Business-User queries but with support from senior team members
We offer excellent benefits including 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), health cash plan, season ticket loan, cycle 2 work scheme, childcare vouchers, life assurance and a generous contributory pension offer.
To apply for this role, apply online at with your CV and supporting statement. Please note a supporting statement is not a cover letter. You should address each of the competencies listed on the Guidance Document alongside the role profile and provide examples of how you meet these referring to the instructions on the documents.
Short listed candidates will be invited to complete two online tests before attending an interview on a date to be confirmed.
*Please note that if redeployees apply, they will be given priority and considered first.*
We are committed to equality of opportunity and are proud to be certified as a Disability Confident Employer.