Employer: Brighton & Hove City Council
- Reference: B&H03238
- Published on: Wed 21/02/2018 16:05 PM
- Closing on: Wed 07/03/2018 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Permanent
- Hours: 16 hours per week.
- Salary: £18,070 - £20,138
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Brighton
Vacancies exist for 2 x 16 hour Care Officers working weekends only within Craven Vale (including weekend enhancements). The role is to support adults (mainly older people) as they undergo a period of rehabilitation after a hospital admission. This rehabilitation and assessment will enable service users to return home with or without a package of care or to be assessed for suitable residential or nursing care.
Main advert detail
Care Officers are required to support adults (mainly older people) as they undergo a period of rehabilitation after a hospital admission. This rehabilitation and assessment will enable service users to return home with or without a package of care or to be assessed for suitable residential or nursing care.
The role of the Care Officer is a vital one in the multi disciplinary process, and will involve:
1. being a friendly face and calming influence
2. supporting with meals throughout the day
3. helping with personal care in a reabling way which encourages the service user to do as much as they can for themselves.
4. supporting the service user to dress themselves.
5. being a point of regular contact so the service user feels safe and well supported.
6. offering meaningful activities
7 providing opportunities for engaging with other service users to promote friendship and reduce social isolation.
8. keeping accurate records if required e.g. food & fluid charts; observation charts; bowel and bladder charts.
9. working closely with the multi-disciplinary team (nurses; physiotherapists; occupational therapists and social workers) in the sharing of information to provide good quality and safe care.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BAME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
Suzanne Newmeir, Acting Operations Manager, 01273 295772 or Tina Johns, Acting Assistant Operations Manager, 01273 295772
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove City Council does not accept CV or resume.
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.