Case Supervisor - Children's Assessment and Safeguarding Service
Employer: NE Lincolnshire Council
- Reference: L104
- Published on: Tue 04/07/2017 11:40 AM
- Closing on: Thu 10/08/2017 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time, Temporary
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: JE40 : £35,444
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: North East Lincolnshire
WHO WE ARE
North East Lincolnshire Council has restructured to bring its Safeguarding, FFAP and Through Care teams under one management lead to increase opportunities for seamless working and provide better progression opportunities for its social workers. We are committed to creating, developing and maintaining a strong reflective learning culture which supports social workers to achieve excellence in practice and best outcomes for children and their families.
WHO WE WANT
We are looking for committed professionals who share our ambition and can bring something to the table to help us achieve it. We need positive, confident, innovative and enthusiastic individuals, undaunted by change or challenge, invested in their own development and that of others.
At the very least, you will need an understanding of good people management as well as being able to demonstrate the skills needed to support, guide and mentor others.
Most of all, we want people who genuinely care about the work we do and the people we serve and who want to achieve the best possible results for every child.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
If you can help us achieve our ambition, we can offer you:-
- Strong management support from a leadership team committed to developing and supporting excellence in practice across Children’s Services in North East Lincolnshire
- Professional development pathways and programmes to support you to develop your knowledge and skills and to give you the best opportunity to achieve your potential
- Access to mentoring and/or coaching
- A commitment to effective and reflective supervision and to your wider well-being
- A commitment to achieving maximum caseloads of 18 per worker
- Extensive training in the ‘signs of safety’ operating model, Outcome Based Accountability and Restorative Practice approaches
- A competitive salary with generous terms and conditions and opportunities for flexible working
- An excellent working environment in attractive, modern offices with a seafront location in a busy and vibrant east coast resort
- Agile and Flexible Working Arrangements
As Case Supervisor and first line manager, your focus will be on managing, guiding, developing and supervising a small team of dedicated professionals. You will lead those working directly with vulnerable children, young people and their families to make a sustainable difference to their lives and so should have a proven track record of keeping children at the centre of your practice. You should be committed to excellent record keeping, have sound decision making ability, (even when there are areas of uncertainty), and high levels of integrity in practice.
Accountable for ensuring your team performs to the best of their ability, whilst demonstrating high levels of empathy and sensitivity when considering the needs of those reporting to you, you will monitor social work practices within your team through reflective supervision, observation and regular evidence based auditing and feedback. You will need excellent time management and organisational skills to manage both your own workload and to support others to manage theirs efficiently and effectively.
This is an exciting time to join Children’s Services in North East Lincolnshire. If you are interested in finding out more about our vision for the future, the jobs on offer or what we can offer you, then please contact Megan Dennison (Head of Children’s Social Care and PCFSW) on 01472 325555.
Interviews to be held 24th August 2017.