Centre Assistant - Camberley
Employer: Surrey County Council
- Reference: 100008826
- Published on: Wed 13/09/2017 11:50 AM
- Closing on: Wed 27/09/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Part Time, Term Time, Permanent
- Hours: 4 hours per week.
- Salary: The salary is £1,241.84 for 4 hours per week
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Camberley Adult Learning Centre, France Hill Drive, Camberley, Surrey GU15 3QB.
The salary is £1,241.84 for 4 hours per week, 29 weeks per year (Term Time Only).
The core working hours for this role are Saturdays 9:00am – 1:00pm.
In addition to this, there are 9 planned Saturdays where the opening hours are 9:00am - 4:00pm. For the extra hours worked you will receive additional hours pay.
The role is based at Camberley Adult Learning Centre, France Hill Drive, Camberley, Surrey GU15 3QB.
Flexible working supported where possible, laptop and mobile supplied. 24 days annual leave, local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey Adult Learning delivers a wide range of daytime, evening and Saturday courses and learning opportunities for adults. The provision includes leisure courses, like arts, crafts and languages; qualification courses such as GCSE’s in English and Maths; classes which support those with learning difficulties and/or disabilities and classes aimed at parents/carers to help them support their children and improve their own skills.
Surrey Adult Learning has seven Adult Learning Centres across Surrey and is looking to appoint a Saturday Centre Assistant for its Camberley Centre which is located just outside of Camberley Town Centre, in France Hill Drive.
The Saturday Centre Assistant plays a key part in the functioning of Saturday courses at the Centre. The main purpose of the role involves facilitating the smooth running of courses, acting as the first point of contact on reception for face to face enquiries and course enrolments, and inputting information on Surrey Adult Learning’s data management system.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Experience of providing customer care to a wide range of users
- An ability to use technology to be effective in the role
- Flexibility to work the core Saturday hours as well as the planned additional Saturday hours
- A practical and confident approach to the role which involves elements of lone working
- A minimum of 3 GCSE passes at Grade C or above, or equivalent
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description and person specification. We look forward to receiving your application.
For an informal discussion contact Aimee Garwell on 01932 794547 by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 27th September 2017.