Employer: London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Reference: F&H/17/40691
- Published on: Thu 10/08/2017 09:49 AM
- Closing on: Thu 31/08/2017 23:30 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Permanent
- Hours: 18 hours per week.
- Salary: £25,242 to £26,805
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: 92 Leyton Green Road, Respite Unit, London
A vacancy has arisen for a position as Centre Worker at Leyton Green Road respite centre for children with disabilities.
The ideal candidate must have at least one years’ experience of working with children and young people with disabilities, be able to work directly with children and young people as part of a team to achieve the aims set for the service within the policy of the Local Authority. The successful person will also be required to work 18 hours per week, including Saturdays and Sundays on shift work.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of and issues relating to children and young people with disabilities; ability to work under regular supervision and ability to work effectively under pressure, have effective communication both orally and written.
The successful applicant will also possess CWDC Diploma level 3 3 or equivalent or be working towards attaining one.
Closing Date: 31st August 2017
Shortlisting Date: 4th September 2017 (Week Commencing)
Interviewing Date: 11th September 2017 (Week Commencing)
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.