Employer: Richmond Fellowship | Aquarius
- Reference: 17/252
- Published on: Wed 05/07/2017 13:54 PM
- Closing on: Fri 21/07/2017 23:54 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Contract
- Salary: £20,013 - £24,182 pa (pro-rata for 17.5 hours) + excellent benefits
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Oxfordshire
Fixed term contract ending 24th September 2018
Oxfordshire (North or South)
We're looking for friendly and professional Children's Workers to provide therapeutic interventions for children growing up in an environment of alcohol and drug use. This is an excellent opportunity for an inspiring individual to make a positive impact on the lives and futures of vulnerable children and their families.
Recovery Focus is a new group of expert charities with the shared aim to inspire individual recovery nationwide. Between us we have a track record of more than 200 years of developing and running personalised services that work with people with mental health, substance misuse and other complex needs to achieve their ambitions. Each partner organisation has its own rich history of success, but together we believe we can lead the way in evidence-based recovery pathways, tailored to meet local and individual needs.
Right now, one of our partners, Aquarius Action Projects, is looking for two empathetic and approachable Children’s Workers who will work with children aged between five and 13, cultivating a safe environment, one which encourages and supports each child in their communications with their parents. You will develop strong links with agencies and will act as an effective advocate for clients within the childcare systems. You will also:
- Understand, assess and support the needs of young carers
- Develop relationships, trust and communicate appropriately with families, parents and carers
- Participate in interdisciplinary team-working, acting in the best interests of clients
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the field, continuously developing and improving your methods of practice
- Be actively aware of risks, dealing with any situations that arise diplomatically and firmly in line with Aquarius policies and procedures.
To secure this role you will need:
- Experience providing therapeutic intervention to children aged 13 and under, and / or a supporting qualification in the area
- The ability to work creatively, using play / art / music etc
- A background working with children who are exhibiting or at risk of developing challenging behaviour, or behavioural difficulties
- Previous experience of the substance use field, and of interagency work and project development
- The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively – taking initiative, developing ideas and working harmoniously with others to agreed protocols.
- A driving licence and access to vehicle.
In return, you can expect some great benefits, including 32 days' holiday, contributory pension scheme, employee assistance programme and childcare vouchers, plus exceptional professional development and training opportunities.
The successful candidates will be required to cover either North or South of Oxfordshire with an expectation to occasionally cover the whole county as required.
So, get inspired and take the first steps towards a more fulfilling career.
Closing date: 21st July 2017.
Interview date: 28th July 2017.