Client Manager HR and Finance
Advertiser: London Borough of Hounslow
- Reference: NA
- Published on: Fri 01/09/2017 15:50 PM
- Closing on: Thu 14/09/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: PO4 (£38,229 – £41,025 per annum)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Hounslow
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
The Council’s HR and Finance transactional services will be outsourced from 01 October 2017. The Council is looking for an enthusiastic individual to work as part of the Corporate Services Contract Client Team. Someone who can shape and develop the service providing professional and technical advice to residents, local businesses, members, senior management, stakeholders and suppliers and deliver continuous improvement. Someone who can work with the Delivery Partner to ensure prompt delivery of HR and Finance services and the maintenance of appropriate internal controls.
- To have line management responsibility for staff reporting directly to the post holder and ensure the effective day to day management of the Corporate Service Contract
- To design and implement systems and processes for organising and monitoring the work of the Delivery Partner ensuring that key controls and contract requirements are adhered to and errors are identified and corrected
- To oversee responses to customer complaints and FOI’s/DPA’s that relate to service delivery. To ensure all complaints, FOI’s and DPA’s are completed within target time.
- To deal with complaints from Members/MPs including meeting with them as required explaining problems identified by their constituents and agreeing a way forward
- To ensure the Delivery Partner has appropriate internal and financial controls in place and complies with agreed quality and performance standards.
- Planning, prioritising, persevering and delivering results within the required timescales
- High level of skill in written and verbal communication, able to undertake investigations relating to statutory issues and prepare reports for multi-disciplinary panels
- Excellent IT skills across a range of packages, particularly iTrent (HR/Payroll system) or Agresso and the ability to make effective use of IT to benefit the service
- Able to demonstrate working to and meeting deadlines effectively.
Essential for the Role
Holds a relevant HR or Finance qualification at diploma level or equivalent demonstrable experience in a HR or Finance role at the same level - Evidence of participation in continuing professional development.
To view the Job Description and Employee Specification please visit our website.
To apply, please visit our website.
Closing Date: 14th September 2017
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 18th September 2017