Employer: Slough Children's Services Trust
- Reference: SCST/17/39149
- Published on: Mon 17/07/2017 17:30 PM
- Closing on: Fri 04/08/2017 17:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: £32,492 - £37,270 (inclusive of local weighting)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Berkshire
Slough Childrens Service Trust is a new and innovative company delivering children's safeguarding and social care services in Slough. It is a challenging but highly rewarding field of work making a real and positive difference to the lives of children, young people and families and helping build the resilience, social and economic strength of the wider community.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commissioning Officer within the Trust
Purpose of Role
To identify and co-ordinate the placement of children and young people in residential, foster, respite or residential education placements.
The role will collaborate and co-ordinate with Social Workers and Social Work teams within the Trust to identify the most appropriate, most suitable placements for children and young people.
Organise, manage and take responsibility for the placing of children and young people with external agencies that are Ofsted compliant and represent value for public money.
Operational managers, practitioners and clinicians: - to ensure that commissioning approaches and operational issues and experience are effectively understood, co-ordinated, implemented and communicated.
Service users and carers: - to ensure that commissioning plans reflect their wishes and needs and to involve them in service design and delivery.
Colleagues from other agencies: - to ensure that commissioning plans are joined up through a whole system and service pathway approach and that resource are aligned to ensure effective delivery.
Communities:- where commissioning is at a neighbourhood level, to ensure that commissioning activity responds sensitively to local conditions and involves local communities wherever possible to achieve greatest impact.
- Experience of managing and co-ordinating project groups and task-oriented teams.
- Experience of commissioning and procurement of social care services.
- Strategic level experience of: leading strategic commissioning and/or change programmes, working with providers, service users and carers, partners and community stakeholders.
- Driving license.
- Varied skills in engaging and working with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly developed skills in influencing, negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Education to degree level or equivalent.
- Highly literate and numerate.
- Professional qualification in social care or related field.
- Training and qualification in Strategic Commissioning.
TO SEE A MORE DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION PLEASE GO OUR WEBSITE WWW.SCSTRUST.CO.UK
How to Apply:
To apply please forward your CV to along with a covering letter outlining your interest in the role or click the link below.
Interview date: 11th August 2017
Previous applicants need not apply.