Communications and Business Administration Apprentice
Employer: Borough of Broxbourne
- Reference: CBAA
- Published on: Wed 13/09/2017 14:30 PM
- Closing on: Fri 06/10/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Flexible Hours, Contract
- Hours: 37 hours per week. four days per week and college / study activities leading to a Level 3 Business Administration qualification on one day per week, during term time. .
- Salary: Salary up to £14,430.00 pa (depending on age)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Bishops' College, Cheshunt
Communications and Business Administration Apprentice (Ref: CCSAA)
Business Administration Level 3
Salary up to £ 14,430.00 pa (depending on age)
The Council wishes to provide an excellent opportunity for a keen and enthusiastic individual to undertake an apprenticeship in Business and Administration (Level 3 – A’ Level equivalent).
The successful applicant will work with experienced teams responsible for running the Council’s Communications/Press Office and Community Safety service. The role will involve undertaking on the job training for four days per week and college / study activities leading to a Level 3 Business Administration qualification on one day per week, during term time. The duties of the role will be to:
- Administer the Freedom of Information process
- Administer the local small scale scheme
- Support the Parking outside School scheme
- Logging and monitoring anti-social behaviour cases
- Liaise with the public, other Council departments and external organisations in writing, by telephone and face to face
- Contribute to and administer internal meetings (organising and minute taking)
- Assist with the maintenance of the Council’s website
- Complete general administrative duties and file maintenance; generally assist members of these busy teams where prioritisation and flexibility are crucial to success.
- Learn to use MS Office and other IT systems within a business environment
Applicants must have good written and spoken English, good interpersonal skills and excellent attention to detail. You must hold GCSE Maths and English at grade C (4) or above). In addition you should be reliable, with the ability to undertake the course of study with a positive attitude to learning.
We are committed to safer recruitment and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The benefits package includes generous leave entitlement, a full training and development programme, free membership to the Council’s local leisure centres and membership of the local government pension scheme.
Broxbourne Council is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Council’s website.
Application forms to be submitted online
by Friday 6 October 2017 Quoting the above reference.
Interviews to be held on 17 / 18 October 2017
Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ
Telephone: 01992 785509 Email:
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.