Community Care Officer
Employer: Hertfordshire County Council
- Reference: H/C/17/34838
- Published on: Fri 19/05/2017 10:45 AM
- Closing on: Fri 09/06/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours.
- Salary: Salary from £21268 to £28485
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Countywide
Job Title: Community Care Officer (Quality and Review Team) Location: Apsley (Predominantly in West Hertfordshire and some out of county) Salary Range: £21,268 - £28,485 pa
Hours: 37 per week Contract: Permanent
Adult Disability Service, Health and Community Services
– Quality and Review team
An excellent opportunity has arisen in the west of the county, for the role of Community Care Officer within the Adult Disability Service Quality and Review team. The main focus of the Quality and Review team is to:
- Reduce the number of outstanding social care reviews,
- Ensure that the review or re assessment is undertaken in compliance with the Care Act 2014, is person centred and outcome focused
- Ensure information is accurate recorded on ACSIS.
The work will focus on supporting adults with Learning Disabilities, Autism and or Physical disabilities to ensure their care and support plan is meeting their needs. The quality and review team is not a case management team therefore will only attend to minor changes to care and support plans. With this in mind you will need to develop excellent communication methods and working relationship with Adult Disability locality teams.
Ideally you will be someone that has some experience in working with people with a Learning Disability, Autism and or Physical Disability and have undertaken person centred and outcome focused reviews.
You will be required to:
- Visit service users in their homes and at any other provision they may use.
- Ensure that the service user is at the centre of the review, sending out information in advance and ensuring there is adequate representation or support.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Care Act 2014, MCA 2005, DoLs 2009 and adult safeguarding.
You will have use of a car and be prepared to travel across county and out of county on occasion. You will be computer literate and have good communication and report writing skills.
For an informal discussion please contact Tracy Bowers on 01438 844669
Closing date: Midnight Sunday Friday 9th June 2017
Interview date: Proposed WC 19th June 2017