Community Safety Project Officer
Employer: South Oxfordshire District Council / Vale of White Horse District Council
- Reference: 00315057
- Published on: Tue 11/07/2017 07:33 AM
- Closing on: Mon 24/07/2017 07:33 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Salary: £24032 - £28119 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Abingdon
Community Safety Project Officer
South Oxfordshire District Council and Vale of White Horse District Council are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices and smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
Position: Community Safety Project Officer
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Full Time, Contract Maternity cover/fixed term - up to 30th Nov 2018
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £24,032 - £28,119 per annum
Benefits: A basic 23 days annual leave per annum, rising to 28 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours; pension scheme; childcare voucher scheme; free parking.
Interview dates: 31st July and 1st August.
About the role:
- Develop and co-ordinate projects with partner agencies that support the aims of the Community Safety Plan
- Work with the Community Safety Team Leader when dealing with grant applications, drafting service levels agreements, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on projects
- Actively attend a wide range of thematic community safety action groups developing action plans and where necessary providing secretariat
- Produce articles on the above for the local press, internal briefings to staff and councillors, consultation papers as and when necessary
- Support the Community Safety Team Leader in preparing the quarterly Community Safety Partnership papers, and reports as necessary
- Support the Community Safety Team Leader in promoting the performance of the Community Safety team to a wide range of stakeholders
- Provide administrative support to the Chair of any Domestic Homicide Review commissioned by the Community Safety Partnership- Deputise for the team where necessary
- A minimum of two A levels or equivalent
- Intermediate level MS word, excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- the ability to work with a wide variety or people
- Good level of numeracy to interrogate grant applications
- Good report writing skills
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for business use
If you have the following experience or qualifications – it’s a bonus:
- An understanding of community safety and experience of partnership working
You may have experience of the following: Community Safety Project Officer, Customer Service Advisor, Call Centre, Administration, Customer Services, Contact Centre, Customer Service Agent, Client Support, Customer Service Representative, Project Officer, Project Coordinator, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.