Debt Advice Officer
Employer: Reading Borough Council
- Reference: NBH0180
- Published on: Fri 16/06/2017 08:00 AM
- Closing on: Mon 26/06/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week.
- Salary: RG4 (SCP 21 –25) £20,138 – £22,658 pa
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Reading
Fixed-term, one year
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A FRESH CHALLENGE?
We require an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the Debt Advice Team to provide general debt advice and promote both financial and digital inclusion to all council tenants and residents of the Borough.
Reporting to the Senior Special Debt Advisor, your main duties will include delivering basic debt advice appointments with residents/tenants to prepare a financial statement including assessing income/outgoings and providing relevant advice and support to explore their debt options.
The post holder will be required to:
- Assist tenants to successfully complete applications for Discretionary Housing Payments.
- Review and assess Discretionary Housing Payment claims.
- Case mange all live Discretionary Housing Payment claims.
- Set and monitor any conditions asked of the applicant in awarding a Discretionary Housing Payment.
- Maintain the Debt Advice Services database.
- Make accurate records of actions taken and financial awards made.
- Assist tenants and residents to get online and make and maintain claims for benefits.
The ideal candidate will have previous computer experience, good customer service skills and proven experience in giving help and advice to the public in some form of advisory capacity in relation to complex regulations or legislation in Housing, Welfare or Benefits.
If you would like more information, please contact Jamie Webb, Senior Specialist Debt Advice Officer on 0118 937 2197.
Internal Reading Borough Council employees must login via Employee Self Service to apply. If you have not yet been issued with your Employee Self Service account, or you have any queries, please email with details.
Visit http://www.reading.gov.uk/jobsearch for more details on how to apply online. Alternatively, call the Recruitment Team on 0118 937 2039 (24 hour answerphone) quoting the job reference number and the job title of the post you are interested in.
Please do not send a CV: for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
A Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check will be sought from the successful candidate.
Closing date: 26 June 2017
Interview date: 27 July 2017