Employer: Clarion Housing Group
- Reference: DEV3001
- Published on: Thu 24/08/2017 11:20 AM
- Closing on: Mon 23/10/2017 11:20 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36
- Salary: £58380 - £68680 per annum + 5k car allowance
- DBS Check: No
- Location: London Cambridge Birmingham
CONTRACT TYPE/LENGTH: Permanent
About the role
We are growing our Land and Planning Division across the UK to become one of the country's top 5 builders in the next 3 years, and are offering a new and exciting opportunity for a Design Manager looking to make their mark.
As Design Manager, you will procure all of the scheme layout and architectural designs for short term and strategic land offers, together with land offers and planning applications and promotions. You will also ensure that scheme designs (including architectural, civil and services designs) are produced on time, to an agreed fee budget and which deliver the required Clarion financial returns.
Working with the Head of Land Optimisation and Land team, you will appraise new opportunities against organisation growth criteria by considering options for tenure, mix, design, layout, technical designs, and use. We will rely on you to ensure all projects are compliant with identified procedures, controls, financial regulations, housing scheme standards and organisation policies.
What you will be doing:
* Managing the design team including Architects, Civil and Services Engineers by bringing together the designers with the aim of producing a coordinated design.
* Obtain and check information from external architectural consultants, and suppliers and manufacturers for supplementing plans.
* Managing the design process using commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise.
* Work collaboratively with the Technical and Estimating Managers as well as overseeing fee negotiation and the appointment of consultants.
* Provide design support and information to the Land and Planning, Sales and Marketing and Delivery teams and maintain good communication to ensure the required level of service is maintained.
* Supporting, understanding and advising internal stakeholders as to the requirements and obligations in the development of the building design.
* Encouraging and inspiring design consultants to produce their best work using their full flair, experience, resources and talents in a cost effective way to benefit Clarion.
* Ensuring the design processes recognise current legislation, standards and codes of practice, where appropriate.
* Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales.
* Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction. Ensure compliance with responsibilities as laid down in Clarion's Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
* At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
* Ensure, whilst working with the Sales and Marketing team, that all scheme and architectural design aspects of short term and strategic land are optimised.
You will have the following:
* A complete understanding of geo-environmental, structural, architectural, town planning and utility aspects of residential development.
* Be CAD proficient.
* A strong track record of managing the design aspects of a wide range of short term and strategic residential schemes and maximising returns. This is within the context of low rise traditional housing, tall framed mixed used schemes and refurbishment of existing buildings.
* Procurement of value engineered designs which respond to the risks, opportunities and constraints of the site and development scheme.
* Proven commercial acumen and significant experience of successfully implementing new growth opportunities in line with ambitious targets.
* Strong design coordination, planning, leadership, monitoring & motivating skills to maximise productivity and performance and to meet challenging deadlines.
If this sounds like an opportunity you'd be interested in, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date: Thursday 14th September at midday
About Clarion Housing Group
In return for your commitment and hard work, we will offer a competitive package and the opportunity to join Clarion at this very exciting time.
Clarion Housing Group owns and manages 125,000 homes across 176 local authorities. It is the largest housing association in the UK and is also one of the country's leading housebuilders. It has a combined turnover of £827 million, a surplus before tax of £233 million and existing assets worth £20 billion.
Clarion Housing Group's sales and development ambitions will be delivered by Latimer. It will be responsible for building over 50,000 new homes over the next ten years, two thirds of which will be affordable. It will work with the public and private sector to maximise supply of desperately needed new homes.
We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery.
We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery