Environmental Health Officer
Employer: South Oxfordshire District Council / Vale of White Horse District Council
- Reference: 00315740
- Published on: Thu 10/08/2017 09:12 AM
- Closing on: Thu 07/09/2017 09:12 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £33225 - £37872 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Abingdon
Environmental Health Officer
South Oxfordshire District Council and Vale of White Horse District Council are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices and smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
Position: Environmental Health Officer / Food and Safety Officer
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £33,225 - £37,872 per annum, Grade 6
Benefits: A basic 23 day’s annual leave per annum, rising to 28 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours; pension scheme; childcare voucher scheme; Cycle scheme; Various schemes to keep you healthy.
About the role: This is an exciting Environmental Health Officer opportunity to work in a busy and forward-looking food and safety team. They work with a wide range of businesses from town centre take-aways to Michelin restaurants, from rural artisan producers to approved manufacturers.
- Undertake food hygiene and health and safety interventions in all risk categories and types of premises
- Investigate food complaints and complaints relating to food premises
- Investigate complaints relating to health and safety, including reportable accidents and dangerous occurrences
- Participation in the food sampling programme
- Investigate cases of food poisoning and other infectious diseases
- Assist in the development of primary authority partnerships
- Deal with applications for skin piercing licences
- Arrange national assistance burials
- Assist with the delivery of training courses.
- Help organise and participate in public health promotional campaigns
- Carry out duties in relation to the smoke-free requirements
- Assist with the development of operational policies and procedures for the food and safety team
- Undertake enforcement action as appropriate and in line with the councils’ enforcement policy
- Research, write and present detailed reports as required
- Participate in the out of hours service and work unsocial hours on occasion
- Qualified environmental health officer / food and safety officer with EHORB / EHRB registration
- Full driving licence
- Experience of inspecting premises requiring in depth knowledge of legislation
- Experience of investigating complaints and service requests
- Comply with the competency requirements for Authorised Officers as detailed in the Food Law Code of Practice
- Ability to progress projects and enforcement cases in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent user of Microsoft Office, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
If you have the following experience or qualifications – it’s a bonus:
- Membership of professional body such as CIEH
- Wide range of enforcement experience and the investigation of complex cases
- Experience of report writing and presenting reports in various forums
You may have experience of the following: Environmental Health Officer, Food and Safety Officer, Food Safety Officer, Health & Safety Officer, Environmental Enforcement Officer, Enforcement Officer etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.