Environmental Health Officer/ Senior Technical Officer
Employer: Brighton & Hove City Council
- Reference: B&H03084
- Published on: Thu 21/09/2017 10:50 AM
- Closing on: Sun 22/10/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: £30,785 to £33,437
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Brighton
We are looking for a new member of our busy Food Safety Team. With around 3000 food businesses in the city the team plays a key part in supporting the local economy in one of the premier south coast tourist resorts.
Food safety inspections and compliant investigations are carried out on a ‘patch basis’. You should have a relevant qualification and technical experience to undertake food enforcement work in a variety of businesses.
Applications are welcome from those holding Higher Certificate in Food Control, Higher Certificate in Food Premises Inspections or registered Environmental Health Practitioners.
Main advert detail
The successful candidate will have:
- Up to date technical knowledge of food safety.
- Hold relevant registration with Environmental Health Registration Board (EHRB) or equivalent.
- Appropriate qualification and competencies to undertake food safety enforcement duties.
- Evidence of commitment to relevant updating/further development (CPD).
- Recent experience of carrying out a relevant caseload of investigations and inspections.
- Experience of projects and investigations.
- An ability to develop and deliver services to meet the needs and aspirations of the customers and service users.
- Ability to manage workload in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure during continuous change and within time limits.
- Ability to contribute positively as a team member of a variety of project teams
Interview date: Friday 27th October
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage BAME, disabled, LGB, male and trans applicants as these groups are currently under-represented in our directorate workforce.
For further information please contact Nick Wilmot, Environmental Health Manager, by telephone 01273 292157, or alternatively you can email
Brighton & Hove City Council does not accept CV or resume
We are looking forward to receiving your application.