Equipment Technician - Reigate
Employer: Surrey County Council
- Reference: 100008574
- Published on: Mon 07/08/2017 09:20 AM
- Closing on: Mon 28/08/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £21,475 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Wray Park, Croydon Road, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 0EJ
£21,475 per annum for 36 hours per week based at Wray Park. This position is for a 12 month fixed term contract.
Flexible working supported where possible, laptop and mobile supplied. 24 days annual leave, local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
About the Role
Surrey Fire and Rescue Service provide emergency services around the County, 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. Fire Service machinery and equipment when used on emergency calls will be used in hazardous and life threatening situations. It is, therefore, essential that equipment and machinery be maintained to the highest standards to protect and safe guard Fire crews and the public from injury and to deal effectively and efficiently with the emergency.
As the Equipment Technician you will carry out repairs and maintenance work to laid down standards, without direct supervision but will be an active team member to ensure that this requirement is met at all times.
In the case of an emergency within Surrey or surrounding regions you will be required to work extra hours as required.
Your main duties in the role of Equipment Technician will include and not be limited to:
- Servicing, maintaining and the repairing of all operational equipment as specified by its manufacturer and Engineering & Supply. E.g Chemical protection suits, Water rescue equipment.
- Ensuring all equipment meets the relevant legislative requirements. To ensure a safe, reliable and operationally fit establishment of equipment (which is in excess of 16,000 items) and to enable Surrey Fire & Rescue Service to discharge its responsibilities. Both at our base in Reigate and across the county of Surrey.
- Ensuring all maintenance, and other records and associated paperwork is completed in good time, legibly and accurately in conjunction with the Administrative Support (Logistic) team.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- A valid Driving Licence.
- Mechanical Experience, evidencing your skills.
- Electrical Experience, evidencing your skills.
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description and person specification. We look forward to receiving your application.
For an informal discussion contact Colin Stone on 07814922056 or by e-mail at Colin.firstname.lastname@example.org