Event Casual Assistant
Employer: London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Reference: C&D/17/34111
- Published on: Thu 11/05/2017 14:55 PM
- Closing on: Tue 06/06/2017 23:30 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Permanent
- Hours: Varies with each event.
- Salary: £22,506 to £24,510
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Various within Waltham Forest
Casual Event Assistants required
Do you want to help run our event at the home of William Morris or at our beautiful Art Deco Assembly Hall in Walthamstow?
Forest Venues are looking for professional, energetic and experienced Casual Event Assistants, to provide event coordination, food & beverage, technical support and overall client support for our portfolio of venues.
Forest Venues are a portfolio of unique venues within the London borough of Waltham Forest. All venues have their own character and personality just as unique as the borough and host a range of events from private functions, weddings, concerts to art exhibitions.
This is a great opportunity for you to progress your career and help shape the future of events in Waltham Forest.
What we want from you:
-Previous hospitality experience preferred
-Excellent communication skills
-Professional appearance and polite manner
Closing Date: 6th June 2017
Shortlisting Date: 9th June 2017
Interview Date: To Be Confirmed
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.