Events Team Intern
Employer: Breast Cancer Care
- Reference: F&M/17/38605
- Published on: Fri 07/07/2017 15:24 PM
- Closing on: Thu 20/07/2017 09:00 AM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time, Voluntary
- Hours: 35 hours. Some flexibility in term time .
- Salary: Unpaid - Travel expenses reimbursed
- DBS Check: No
- Location: London
- 3 month internship
- Based in Oval
- Ideally 35 hours per week (but can be flexible around this in term time)
- Travel expenses reimbursed (up to London Zone 6 only)
- Preferred start date 31 July 2017
Breast cancer is the most common cancer in the UK today. Every 10 minutes another woman receives the terrifying news that she has breast cancer. That’s 150 people every day. And it’s a diagnosis that continues to take the lives of nearly 12,000 women every year. It’s a brutal, highly complex disease that no-one should ever have to face alone. We’re here to make sure they don’t have to.
The Events Intern will be a member of the Special Events Team which sits within the Fundraising and Marketing directorate. The excellent delivery of the special events is key to the success of our fundraising.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain valuable events experience within the charity sector, supporting on the planning and logistics and management of events on site. In addition, there will be an opportunity to support/attend other sports or challenge events and help with the planning of future events. This role will cover admin support and delivery of the charity’s annual London fashion show on Thursday 28 September and the planning of the annual Carols by Candlelight London event on Tuesday 12 December.
This role requires a confident telephone manner, efficient administration, creativity and planning.
Interviews will take place at the Breast Cancer Care offices on Tuesday 25 July 2017.