Facilities Assistant (V3227)
Employer: West Berkshire Council
- Reference: E/17/42675
- Published on: Tue 12/09/2017 08:55 AM
- Closing on: Sun 24/09/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Weekends, Permanent
- Hours: 18.42 hours per week. Average of 18 hours 25 minutes per week over a two week rota including alternate Saturdays.
- Salary: £15,613 - £17,072 pro rata, Grade C
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Newbury Library
We have a vacancy for a Facilities Assistant at Newbury Library to provide caretaking and security services.
Your main duties will involve opening and closing the library; securing the building after staff have left; carrying out regular checks of plant and equipment; reporting building problems, dealing with contractors, preparing spaces for events/meetings and dealing professionally with difficult situations that may arise including removing people from the library when necessary.
You will also be responsible for dealing with daily deliveries of stock and assisting with lifting and moving loads.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Literate and numerate
- Able to use Microsoft Office applications
- Friendly, tactful, and approachable in communicating with the public
- Able to cope with the physical elements of this role
- Has experience of working with plant maintenance
- Willing to work after hours on occasion
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 26 days per annum rising to a maximum of 34 days, depending on how long you’ve worked for us and the grade of your job.
Please contact Felicity Harrison, Team Leader - Libraries if you would like an informal discussion about the vacancy.
Tel: 01635 503087
The Council supports Equal Opportunity of employment, and positively encourages applications from people in under represented groups such as people with disabilities or from a minority ethnic group.