Facilities Management Apprentice
Employer: Medway Council
- Reference: B429VR
- Published on: Wed 12/07/2017 14:41 PM
- Closing on: Wed 26/07/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: Apprentice Range £129.50 per week
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 4TR
12-18 Month Fixed Term Contract
We are currently recruiting for a Facilities Management Apprentice. The Strategic Property and Energy Team manages capital projects on the Council’s corporate buildings, implements energy saving projects, manages the council’s energy contracts, monitors statutory compliance on schools and corporate buildings, manages budgets and deals with some day to day facilities management.
This role will provide support to the strategic property and energy team whilst gaining a level 3 apprenticeship in Facilities Management, and will require participation in multi-function team working on property related issues as required.
Duties may include items such as ;
- Inputting of property / building related data onto the Council’s record system
- Providing reports of data findings to the Strategic Project Manager
- Organisation tasks relating to existing historic property data
- Providing assistance on the provision of administrative services within the team (e.g. payments, instructions etc.)
- Arranging bookings or correspondences by telephone with property representatives
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile.
Medway is a unitary authority in South East England with superb transport links to London.
The council understands that a motivated workforce is the most important factor for it to be successful and achieve its aims. It’s vital that employees feel rewarded for their contribution.
As a Medway Council employee you will have the opportunity to develop both professionally and personally by undertaking relevant training opportunities, enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including competitive rates of pay and pension scheme along with access to an employee advice, information and counselling service, employee forums and an employee discount scheme for national and local retailers.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager Rebecca Heslop call 01634 331060.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in hard copy format, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.