Family Court Adviser (High Court Team) - Bloomsbury
- Reference: C/17/34906
- Published on: Fri 19/05/2017 14:58 PM
- Closing on: Mon 12/06/2017 14:11 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £36,845 - £41,085 plus London Weighting £4332 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Bloomsbury
At Cafcass we know why you became a Social Worker. To make a difference. We know you want to spend time on the parts of your work that really enable that to happen. We also understand you want support to continue your professional development while having a healthy work life balance.
This understanding helped us build working practices that made us a recent winner of the Social Work Employer of the Year as well a multiple other awards around flexible working.
Our Social Workers are called Family Court Advisers. They advise the Family Court as children and families go through significant events including care proceedings, adoption and parental separation.
In this role you will be part of the team based in Bloomsbury with the High Court Team. You’ll use your social work skills and experience to understand what the child needs, wants and feels. Then you will advise the Family Courts on the best course of action for the child.
You’ll do this by providing confident, powerful and succinct written case analysis and make recommendations to the court. You’ll also attend court and be an advocate for the best interests of the child, ensuring their voice is not lost.
As you can imagine our work is demanding. So to be considered for such a privileged, responsible role of being the voice of some of the most vulnerable children in England, there are a few things we're looking for from you:
- Social work qualified
- Registered with the HCPC as a Social Worker in England
- Experienced at working with highly vulnerable children and families
- An expert in safeguarding, child engagement, inter-agency working, case analysis, planning and recording.
We also think you for you to succeed and truly make a difference you should be someone who;
- Is resilient and organised
- Can work proportionately
- Has strong, intuitive IT skills
- Is an effective verbal and written communicator
Now we've told you about the role we hope you're ready to complete our short application process, including providing us with your current CV. Before you do, let us outline some of the benefits you'll be eligible for should you join us;
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- Potential to bring your continuous service with you providing enhanced benefits
- Health & Wellbeing support including Healthcare Scheme Membership
- Payment of HCPC fees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We hope you’ve decided this is a role you would like, if so click on ‘visit website’ and that will take you straight to our short application process.
Alternatively, if you want to find out a bit more about us why should consider joining us as well as look at all of our current vacancies, please visit www.cafcass.gov.uk/cafcass-careers.