Family Placement Team Assessing Social Worker
Employer: Bracknell Forest Council
- Reference: CYPL/17/42953
- Published on: Tue 12/09/2017 15:15 PM
- Closing on: Wed 20/09/2017 11:55 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Temporary
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: £32,346 to £41,249 per annum depending on experience including market premia.£963 per annum essential user car allowance and free parking.
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Time Square, Bracknell
Six month temporary contract
Join a friendly and welcoming Family Placement Team in a local authority rated 'Good' with 'Outstanding' for children looked after achieving permanence.
We are seeking an experienced HCPC registered social worker with good assessment and analytical skills, and experience in completing Special Guardianship and Connected Person assessments. You will have a sound knowledge of relevant child care legislation, good report writing and oral communication skills and the ability to work to court and Fostering Panel timescales. You will be able to work well with professionals and have the drive to provide a quality service for children, young people and their families.
Located in the South East, Bracknell Forest is a small and friendly unitary authority situated in Berkshire, just 28 miles west of London, close to Reading and mid-way between the M3 and M4 corridors. It is a diverse area incorporating the best features of town and attractive countryside.
We offer attractive benefits including:
- A comprehensive induction and excellent ongoing training programme. • Supportive management and a friendly team working in a recently refurbished office in Bracknell town centre. • Range of benefit choices including buying & selling annual leave, shopping vouchers and reduced gym membership.
“Social workers enjoy working for Bracknell Forest. They appreciate the training and clinical supervision that they receive, as well as the availability and support of senior managers.”
Ofsted Inspection of services for children in need of help and protection, children looked after and care leavers – May 2017.
If you would like to know more about this excellent opportunity please contact Rosanne Turner, Team Manager on 01344 352653.
Visit our micro-site www.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/childrenssocialcare to meet some of our current staff and find out more about working for Bracknell Forest Children’s Social Care
Interview Date 29 September 2017
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.