Finance Assistant (Purchase Ledger) - Brixton
- Reference: 016459
- Published on: Wed 09/08/2017 08:55 AM
- Closing on: Sun 27/08/2017 23:58 PM
- Working Pattern: Term Time, Permanent
- Salary: Up to £19,997 per annum (40 hours a weeks pro rata plus an 8% bonus following a qualifying period)
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Brixton, South London
The Finance Team are looking for Finance Assistant (Purchase Ledger) to work in the London West Regional Office based at Brixton Recreation Centre in Brixton, South London who has experience of working in an accounts office. The role of the Purchase Ledger Assistant will involve working on all elements of the Purchase Ledger function.
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Posting invoices onto the system
- Statement reconciliation
- Checking coding and follow up with Managers
- Investigating manual invoices
- Processing customer refunds and employee expenses
- Running the weekly payment run
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to deputise in a team of 6 for the Purchase Ledger supervisor, following appropriate training
- Experience of working in different Purchase Ledger environments
- Proven track record and strong attention to detail
- Previous experience of processing purchase orders and invoices
- Experience of computerised systems including Excel. An awareness of accounting packages would be preferable
Excellent written and verbal communication
- Attendance related bonus (following a qualifying period)
- Childcare vouchers
- Ride to work scheme
- Discounted membership at our leisure centres
- The opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus associated social events
- Career pathways
- Ongoing training and development
If you think this role is for you please apply now.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications, age and location.
To be shortlisted for the role, internal applicants will need to demonstrate their commitment to GLL by becoming a Society member where eligible.
GLL is the UK’s largest leisure provider and one of the first and largest leisure social enterprises. Our aim is to get more people, more active, more of the time whilst making leisure and community facilities accessible and affordable. We partner with local authorities to run leisure centres, swimming pools, libraries, children’s centres, spas, events spaces and world-class sporting venues such as the Copper Box Arena and London Aquatics Centre on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park - all under our Better brand. As a not-for-profit organisation, we’re different. Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are an Investors in People Silver Award employer.
GLL is an equal opportunities employer.