Fundraising & Alumni Relations Manager
Employer: Youth First
- Reference: YF0817FR
- Published on: Mon 07/08/2017 16:15 PM
- Closing on: Sun 27/08/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Contract
- Hours: 21 hours per week.
- Salary: £40,000 pro rata
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Lewisham
2 year fixed term contract.
About the role
Youth First is looking to recruit a highly dynamic and experienced fundraiser to lead on the development and implementation of Youth First’s fundraising strategy and activities. They will be charged with securing funding for programme work and organisational core costs, maximising income from fundraising activities as well as supporting the development of new areas of income. Targets for the role will be set with the successful candidate, in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Board.
The role will involve:
- Creating a compelling story and marketing about the impact of YF’s work on the young people who use our services and use this to maximise income.
- Supporting the creation of new services or activities which would attract young people to use and their parents to pay for.
- Researching potential donor organisations or individuals and target them with fundraising bids.
- Creating and managing an Alumni and Volunteer scheme with a core aim of using these to aid fundraising initiatives.
This is a very varied and exciting post and allows the post holder to create a fundraising function almost from scratch and in doing so have a direct positive impact on young people and the community. It would suit anyone with a passion for excellence in youth work, value for money services and provision of a better future for children and young people.
Applicants will be required to have at least three years of demonstrably successful experience in fundraising and with a passion for our vision and mission to support young people and communities.
Youth First (YF) is the UK’s first employee and young person owned, not for profit, Mutual. Formed from Lewisham’s Youth Service to sustain and grow youth provision, firstly for Lewisham Borough but which could, in the future, extend beyond these borders.
Youth First is driven by a mission to support and improve young people’s lives through positive activities, adventure play and the provision of safe spaces with the support of professional youth and play workers.
Youth First can offer you flexibility and agile working as well as a pension package, occupational sick pay subject to service, competitive salary plus 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays) (pro rata). We have a committed management team, who are there for continuous support. We also recognise and reward high performance, and salary progression will be based on individual performance.
Please find attached a job description for more detailed information about the role of the Fundraising & Alumni Relations Manager.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.
Please email application forms to email@example.com by 23.59 hrs on 27th August, 2017.