Governance Services Officer (P01257)
Employer: Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council
- Reference: PPPG/17/45115
- Published on: Mon 09/10/2017 13:05 PM
- Closing on: Sun 29/10/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: £29,370 - £31,954 per annum inclusive of outer fringe allowance
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Council Offices, Campus East, Welwyn Garden City AL8 6AE
Governance Services Officer
£29,370 - £31,954 per annum inclusive of outer fringe allowance
37 hours per week (flexible working hours)
We are looking for an individual to work in our busy and friendly team as a Governance Services Officer, primarily to organise and attend committee meetings, prepare agendas, produce minutes and provide procedural advice
Requirements of the role:
- Experience of preparing committee papers and arranging meetings
- Knowledge of local government law and democratic decision making framework
- Ability to produce accurate work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- The ability to attend evening meetings, for which time off in lieu is given
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential in this post.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Graham Seal, Governance Services Manager on 01707 357444.
Closing date: 29 October 2017
Interview date: 9 November 2017
Welwyn Hatfield – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.