Head of Commercial and ICT Programmes
Advertiser: London Borough of Hounslow
- Reference: R0002392
- Published on: Fri 11/08/2017 09:50 AM
- Closing on: Sun 20/08/2017 17:37 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Salary: £58,515.00 - £71,121.00
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Hounslow
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
ICT is an exciting place to work with friendly staff with ambitious plans to deliver the best services for our local community. We have challenging plans to improve and continually enhance our technology offering to our internal and external users and our looking for suitably qualified and customer focussed individuals to join the ICT Department.
- development and delivery of ICT commercial developments
- ICT programme management office which supports the development of the ICT Strategy and delivery of the ICT Roadmaps projects
- business improvement reviews, service re-design and process re-engineering across the organisation, developing and presenting business cases for project funding and approval
- design, model and implement new business processes to support the organisation to deliver a leaner and more efficient business, whilst maintaining and improving customer service delivery through the effective and efficient use of ICT
- developing and delivering the ICT Strategy with the main objective to achieve effective flexible and mobile working across all services and appropriate partners.
- experience of leading project teams, managing major programmes and a knowledge of commercialisation of services, matrix managing internal and external resources
- experience in programme and portfolio planning, including resource planning and allocation
- working knowledge of ITIL service management, software development techniques, PRINCE-2 Project Management and Managing Successful programmes
- working knowledge of the priorities of central government in the areas of planning, place shaping, digital by default, government and industry standards, Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2000, Data Protection 1998, Computer Misuse Act 1998 and key deliverables outlined in the ICT Strategy
- understanding of ICT issues in local government both at a national and local level
- knowledge of smarter working principles in an ICT environment, harnessing technology to allow staff to work anywhere, anytime
- knowledge and awareness of public sector ICT procurement processes including OJEU, relevant government frameworks, supplier management and negotiations.
Essential for The Role
- a proven track record of managing with ICT commercial issues and disputes
- a proven track record of managing complex ICT budgets
- strong experience of leading, motivating and managing services with multi-disciplinary teams to achieve significant, sustainable improvements and positive outcomes through internal and external partnerships
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8583 3440
To view the Job Description and Employee Specification click HERE.
To apply, please click the 'Apply' button.
Closing date: 18th August 2017
Interviews will be held on 4 September 2017
It is our practice that any offer of employment will be made at the bottom of our pay scale.