Head of Communications
Advertiser: London Borough of Hounslow
- Reference: 3102900
- Published on: Wed 06/09/2017 08:12 AM
- Closing on: Wed 04/10/2017 08:12 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: Full-time
- Salary: £52,476 to £59,523 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Hounslow Central
Hounslow is building on its many successes to shape a future of pride and prosperity, delivering new jobs, new homes and new opportunities for residents and communities. As Head of Communications, you will lead the service to a position of excellence, working closely with our leader and Chief Executive and developing our reputation as a high performing Council that is getting things done.
About the role
This role manages a busy, but small, communications and events team. We are looking for an experienced communications professional to lead the team and the organisation at a critical time, as we approach local elections and build towards the development of a new Corporate Plan. Ambition and innovation underpin our efforts, including the establishment of our wholly owned company, Lampton 360 and our impending move to new Civic Offices.
As Head of Communications you will:
- Lead a team of 10 communications, events and web/social media staff to deliver a comprehensive and proactive service for the council, including press, media, marketing, campaigns, design, internal communications and the website. - Deliver the council's resident magazine, Hounslow Matters.
- Co-ordinate key visits and events taking place across the Borough.
- This is a post that will require high levels of engagement with the Chief Executive, Leader, Mayor, Cabinet and senior officers and other key stakeholders and partners.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious communications professional with experience in the leadership and management of people and resources. Your background will include time spent in or close to local government. Building relationships, with both senior stakeholders and with partners will be second nature to you. Your professional experience will include successful evidence and research based campaigns, resulting in meaningful and measurable impact. You will also be able to show us how you have protected and improved organisation reputation. We will gladly welcome applications from candidates seeking their first head of service appointment.
How to apply
For further information or to apply, please visit www.hays.co.uk/jobs/hounslow-council or contact Mark Bearn at HAYS Executive T 0207 259 8743. Application is by CV and covering letter. Your letter, which should be no more than 2 pages in length, should explain both why you are interested in this post and what in particular you will bring to Hounslow. The closing date for applications is Monday 25th September.