Head of Practice
- Reference: NTXFY224442
- Published on: Tue 05/09/2017 09:46 AM
- Closing on: Sun 24/09/2017 23:46 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £63,258 per annum
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Birmingham
As a Head of Practice at Cafcass, you will draw on your considerable experience to lead and inspire those around you to ensure the delivery of high quality services and practice across Birmingham, Black Country, Coventry, Worcester, Derby & Nottingham.
Should you join us you will lead on internal practice improvement as well influence local delivery partners while also working on a mix of strategic and operational matters. By ensuring Cafcass priorities, policies and plans are delivered to the highest possible standard, you and your teams will deliver positive outcomes for children and young people going through significant events including care proceedings, adoption and parental separation.
To be successful in this role you will be;
- A highly effective Leader, able to influence others and lead change by providing assurance and inspiring confidence;
- Someone who thrives on the responsibility of ensuring quality of practice and service delivery across the operational area is not only sustained but continually improved; and
- Motivated to achieve performance standards by supporting Service Managers to ensure strong, consistent performance management behaviours and processes are embedded.
More detailed information is available to you in the job description for this role, which you can review prior to submitting an application. As you would expect, for such a key leadership role we have some key requirements:
- Recognised HCPC Social Work qualification
- Significant post qualifying experience in a social work setting or equivalent working with children and families at a sufficient level to make an impact in this post.
- Demonstrable experience of achieving positive outcomes for children through working in a family justice environment
- Evidence of professional development to support your progression into a Managerial role
- Proven experience of managing staff, services and budgets at a senior level across a wide range of functions, including supervisory and/or practice management experience.
We hope you fulfil the requirements we’ve outlined, allow us to tell you about the benefits you receive should you join us
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- Potential to bring your continuous service with you providing enhanced benefits
- Health & Wellbeing support including Healthcare Scheme Membership
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Due to the nature of the role, as a Head of Practice you can expect a certain amount of travel in the role but we provide you with a hybrid laptop as well as a smart phone so you can work at court, at home and from our offices.
Before you complete our short application process – you’ll be able to upload your current CV, with the option to provide a supporting statement if you wish – let us tell you about some key dates so you know when you are likely to hear from us and when you might be required to be available for an interview.
- Panel interviews - 9th October in Birmingham
Please note all dates are subject to change so if you don’t hear from us, this does not automatically mean you have been unsuccessful and we will be in touch with you as quickly as we can to update you.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We are also a Disability Confident Employer which further underlines our commitment to employ, train, retain and develop the careers of colleagues with disabilities.
Please be advised successful applicants will be subject to a range of pre-employment checks, including a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS). In accordance with the DBS code of practice and our own policy, should an individual have a declared criminal offence an individual assessment will be completed. Further information on what the assessment covers can be found by viewing the Cafcass DBS policy
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.