Highway Engineer (Crossover)
Employer: Royal Borough of Kingston Upon Thames
- Reference: RBK/17/40112
- Published on: Wed 02/08/2017 10:29 AM
- Closing on: Sun 27/08/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: RBK Grade E/F/G/H (£21,276-£36,372)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Kingston and Sutton
Kingston and Sutton are two neighbouring outer London boroughs working in strategic collaboration to improve the environment and its services for residents. They are attractive places to live and work with good commuting links across London, and with the surrounding counties.
Kingston and Sutton have created an ambitious Shared Environment Service for the Enforcement and Highways and Transport functions with a vision to enable the delivery of sustainable boroughs with diverse transport networks and a quality environment for all to enjoy. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new approach which is sharing services across Councils and breaking the mould of the traditional delivery model. The focus is on achieving financial savings while maintaining the quality of services and improving their sustainability.
We need to strengthen the Highways and Transport Group with enthusiastic and talented individuals who are at the top of their game and able to help provide leadership to teams.
The team is responsible for:-
• Delivery of planned maintenance of the Councils’ highway assets
• Procurement, contract management and administration of relevant service contracts
• Preparation of the Highways asset management strategy
• Managing the maintenance of street lighting, highway structures and water courses
About the Highway Engineer Role (crossover )
The Highway Engineer (crossover) will be responsible for dealing with customer and planned crossovers applications within the borough of Kingston, Carry out site visits to access if a crossover can be constructed along with accurate measures and estimates. Be able to maintain good detailed records and have good numeracy skills
You will bring with you a extensive technical knowledge, as well as a proven record of delivery in a local authority environment. You must also be enthusiastic and be a team player and work closely with colleagues within the shared service and to communicate with stakeholders / members of the general public as well as elected members.
For an informal discussion about the roles please contact the Senior Professional Engineer Mark.Murphy on 020 8547 5998 or email